A baker at work, from a 15th century Franciscan Missal
Where is Hot Pie?
I hope this will help with your reenactments and fanart. :)
- Anglo-Saxon (600 – 1154): Simple Veils, Head-tires, Combs, and Pin
- Norman (1066-1154): Couvre-chef, hair uncovered, and extreme length
- Plantagenet (1154-1399): Wimple, Barbette, Fillet and Crespine
- Plantagenet (14th century): Horizontal Braiding, Gorget
- Plantagenet Crespine ( 1364-Late 14th century)
- Lancaster (1430-1460): Heart-shaped and Turban Headdresses
- York (1460-1485): Butterfly and HenninMore info and styles at the source.
The Arming and Departure of the Knights
Cleric - Knight - Farmer
“Victory or defeat are in the hands of God. But of our honor we are lord and king.” Woodcut by Georg Sluyterman von Landeweyde